I guess you can say this was a two day process. I didn’t want to rush it, and I wanted to make sure that my hair was well protected and taken care of. I have no regrets, and I am really enjoying my straight hair!
- Golden Wheat Deep Cleanse Shampoo by Giovanni
- Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner by Giovanni
- Direct Leave In Weightless Moisture Conditioner by Giovanni
- Smooth As Silk Xtreme Protein Hair Infusion by Giovanni
- 100% Vegetable Glycerin (any brand)
- Brazilian Smooth Keratin Blowout Cream
- Andis 1 1/2″ Ceramic Flat Iron
- I shampooed my hair with my Golden Wheat Deep Cleanse Shampoo by Giovanni. It is very important to flat iron on clean hair.
- I did a nice protein treatment with my Smooth As Silk Xtreme Protein Hair Infusion by Giovanni. I wanted to make sure my hair was nice and strong.
- After my protein treatment I did a deep conditioning to add back in the moisture after the protein treatment. I used my 100% Vegetable Glycerin (any brand) and Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner by Giovanni. I didn’t do a oil treatment, because sometimes I don’t wash it all out. I didn’t want my hair to be oil and weighed down.
- After my deep conditioning I applied my Direct Leave In Weightless Moisture Conditioner by Giovanni and Brazilian Smooth Keratin Blowout Cream (heat protectant). I put my hair in medium twist to let air dry overnight.
- The next morning I took down my twist and blow dried my hair using the tension method.
- After my hair was blown out, I sectioned the hair into four different sections. I started with each section, breaking it off into smaller pieces to flat iron. I only did one pass. I flat ironed on 15. It goes up to 20 an the hottest temperature is 375.
- When I was done flat ironing I applied a small amount of Brazilian Smooth Keratin Blowout Cream. (heat protectant)
- I cut about 3-4 inches to even out and any straggly ends
I love it! I want to wear it straight for as long as possible! My hair is not extremely straight, it has some body. I wasn’t looking for a bone straight look. Also, I understand with my natural hair texture it may require hotter heat to get bone straight. I am not interested in risking burning my har off! LOL! I am maintaining my hair at night by using the “bunning method”. I am not looking to have bone straight hair. The bun gives me movement.